Developed by Digital Intelligence System Ltd
Case study: HATIL Furniture –Mobile Application for Customer product order & Delivery
This “Case Study Includes”:
- Company and Industry
- Service Case
- Case Details
- Service Features
- Initial Sketch or System Flow Diagram
- Required Tools
- Result and Outcome
Company and Industry
HATIL is considered to be the ‘game-changer’ in Bangladesh’s furniture industry. Carefully-chosen
raw material, environment-friendly business practice and customer-centric approach is
what made HATIL a beloved brand at home and abroad. HATIL is a fast-growing Global Furniture Brand with customers and connoisseurs around the globe. The brand presents an impeccable range of wooden furniture products manufactured from the best-sourced materials and with a deft touch of seasoned artisanship.
Mobile application Software for Customer
It’s now couple of years Digital Intelligence system works along with HATIL Furniture to implement and maintain their ERP system. Recently HATIL furniture realized to develop a mobile application in demand for its valuable users so company can interact with their users more easily. Also, users can get the notification of their HATIL product by using mobile application. As a part of IT support and Business expansion need Digital intelligence system took the responsibility to build HATIL mobile application for HATIL users. As the brand reputation of HATIL furniture matters a lot, so its a pleasure for Digital intelligence system ltd to become part of the Development process of HATIL mobile application.
Hatil Mobile application consists of three major parts:
- Customer Module
- Deliveryman Module
- Fitting man Module
The feature processes, workflow and system design will be pointed as description below-
1. Customer Module
Customer module or Customer interface part is the most important part of HATIL furniture mobile application. These module feature includes-
Customer Registration: When A customer will order any furniture from HATIL shop for the first time; Dealer or Seller will take his Phone number and request Hatil Admin panel to complete the registration for the mobile application access. Customer will be given a default password from admin panel of HATIL furniture to access his dashboard; which he can change later if he wants to. Mobile application file will be available to download from google play store.
Customer Login: After opening the Application Customer will see a “login page” where the phone number already given to Hatil and the password given by Hatil furniture admin panel should be entered by customer. Pressing login button will redirect him to the dashboard.
Customer Dashboard: Hatil Mobile Application customer dashboard has 8 different clickable options (Below Figure Arrows indicators shown the numbers and all description will be available below)
- The left bell icon shows the notification button at the application. Hereby Customers will receive two types of notification-
-Customer will receive his product order-related updates and notifications
-Customers can see the Hatil new product offers, discounts & other facility notifications
2. Clicking on right arrowed button will open the page where customer will see his profile & Basic information (Customer Name, Customer E-mail, Customer address, Customer contact). If any customer wish to change his password provided by Admin panel; here he can change his password clicking on the button. Logout from the application button is also available here.
3. Customer can search for specific order information currently on processing from the search bar. Entering Last two or three digit of unique order number will show him the specific ordered product information he is searching for. Clicking on order card will redirect him to the details information.
4. List of all currently ordered product purchasing details will be available on customer order page. Clicking on the specific order card will show him all the products he purchased with that specific order. (See Figure 3)
5. Order Button will let you in to the order page directly from any other main pages (Processing, Completed, Verify pages etc.)
6.Processing page will show customer about the status of a product he ordered. The individual order card will let him see the details information of
- Bill No
- Order No
- Customer Name
- Delivery man name
- Delivery man phone
- Estimated time
Clicking on the card will let customer know if the products deliveryman carried exactly same products according to his order or not. (Screenshot Figure number below). Also, there are two important options are available in this page.
See Deliveryman: Clicking on this button will let customer know the location of the deliveryman on that time by entering Google map through the application.
Share Location: Share location button will let customer share his location to the deliveryman and let deliveryman know the location of the customer where he needs to reach exactly.
7. After completion Delivery & Fitting process the ordered card will automatically move to completed page as a completed order card. This page functionality is almost similar to order page; only difference is customer need to search the product by unique bill number & the cards in this page is completed order cards. All other functionalities available here remains same as other pages.
8. The Bar Icon at the right bottom of the application is VERIFY page. When A deliveryman delivered a product, customer can easily verify the product by scanning the QR code attached to the product and verify authentication of the product sent by HATIL.
End of Customer Dashboard functionalities!
2. Deliveryman Module
Deliveryman module will be available only to the verified HATIL deliverymen. Hatil Furniture admin panel will provide this version of application module to the deliverymen.
Deliveryman registration: Will be registered and controlled by HATIL IT admin panel.
Deliveryman login: After registering the deliveryman can login to the Hatil application deliveryman module by his own phone number and password provided by admin.
Deliveryman Dashboard: HATIL Deliveryman Application module has 6 different clickable options (Below Figure Arrow indicators shown the numbers and also description will be available below)
- Logout Button: Clicking on the top-right button will let a deliveryman easily logout from the application.
2. Search bar here will let deliveryman search a specific pending delivery card by entering the Bill Number.
3. The delivery card will be assigned at the pending page by admin panel. Deliveryman can see all the delivery card pending to deliver assigned for him. Clicking on Start delivery button deliveryman can start his delivering process to the client. Also, pressing on delivery card will redirect to see the product list to deliver to the client.
4. Clicking on Pending page Icon will redirect user to the pending page from other pages.
5. After completing the delivery, deliveryman can end the delivery from the processing page and the specific delivery card will move to the completed page.
6. Completed Page functionalities are almost similar like other two pages. Here all the delivery cards will be recorded after ending the delivery from processing page. Delivery man can search any delivery history from this page. All the details information of the already completed delivery products will be available here.
N.B: Once Delivery man Confirms a delivery card to start delivery, The delivery card will be moved to processing page. Similarly, when A deliveryman confirms End delivery at processing page, delivery card will be moved permanently to the COMPLETED PAGE and the card will not found at PENDING PAGE or PROCESSING PAGE.
3. Fitting man Module
Fitting man module and application will be available only to the verified HATIL Fitting men. Hatil Furniture admin panel will provide this version of application module to the Fitting men.
Fitting man registration: Will be registered and controlled by HATIL IT admin panel.
Fitting man login: After registering, the fitting man can login to the Hatil application fitting man module by his own phone number and password provided by admin.
Fitting man Dashboard: HATIL Fitting man Application module has 7 different clickable options (Below Figure Arrow indicators shown the numbers and description will be available below)
Logout Button: Clicking on the top-right button will let a fitting man easily log out from the application.
2. Search bar: Search bar here will let fitting man search a specific pending fitting card by entering the Bill Number.
3. Fitting card: pending fitting card will be assigned at the pending page by admin panel. Fitting man will see all the fitting card pending to complete assigned for him. Pressing on fitting card will redirect to see the product list to fit for the client.
4. Clicking on Start fitting button fitting man can start his delivering process for the client.
5. Clicking on Pending page Icon will redirect user to the pending page from all other pages.
6. After completing the fitting, fitting man can end the fitting card from the processing page and the specific fitting card will move to the completed page.
7. Once fitting man Confirms a fitting card to start fitting, The fitting card will be moved to processing page. Similarly, when A fitting man confirms a card to End fitting at processing page, fitting card will be moved permanently to the COMPLETED PAGE and the card will not found at PENDING PAGE or PROCESSING PAGE
Android phone, Verified phone number & password for login.
Result and outcome
This section will be discussed about
- Result & Benefit.
For an increase of mobile usability and for the flexibility reason mobile applications are now most popular medium of communication through people. All leading business service providers are adding mobile application feature availability to make their business services more flexible as well as reaching to the customers. So, as a renowned company Hatil Furniture realized the need to make a mobile application for its clients flexibility.
Problem & Goal:
The common problem for clients when buying a new product is getting the authentic product and the delivery issue. So, the goal of making HATIL Furniture mobile application is make an easy, customer friendly and reliable mobile application by which a customer can easily see his product information and update. Also, HATIL authority can monetize their service facility accurately.
To solve this problem Digital Intelligence system aimed to make an application which will be connected to the people who are directly associated with the process of beginning to ending phase of product buying to selling. after analysis it shows initially three role of people is directly interacting with the full process.
- Customer Himself
- Fitting man
So, after discussion with HATIL admin panel both decided to develop a mobile application which is designed and focused on buying, delivering & fitting late issue fixing. All the application features are given by HATIL IT panel and associated people from HATIL IT was helping the team throughout the whole development process.
Through this application customer will easily monetize his product delivery status, deliveryman will get to know his pending deliveries & fitting man will get the notification of his pending works of fitting products with the fastest possible time.